Sunday 13 April 2008

Apricot and Almond Traybake


250g butter
225g golden caster sugar
275g self raising flour
2tsp baking powder
finely grated zest of 1 orange and 2tbsp orange juice
75g ground almonds
5 medium eggs lightly beaten
225g chopped ready to eat apricots

Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 20.5x33com tin and baseline.

Put all of the ingredients except the apricots into the bowl of a free standing mixer and mix until thouroughly combined.

Fold in the apricots. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the surface with a pallet knife. You might want to sprinkle the surface with some flaked almonds.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until risen and golden.

Cool in the tin and cut into squares.

Enjoy!

This is increadibly easy to make, and tastes out of this world. I liketo think its healthy because it contains fruit!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks delightful Welshie.

Anonymous said...

Definitely counts as one of your five-a-day (as does any cake with fruit or vegetable in the title!). Looks yummy!

violets said...

They looks sooo delicious, I'm craving cake right now and traybakes can never be the choice in my book.

btw, I've tagged you check out my blog.


Vi xx

Vicky said...

Hi, great blog! I've tagged you. Check my blog for info!

Vicky xxx

Maria♥ said...

This looks really yummy and I love apricots.

I have added you to my list of blogs I like to visit ;o)

Maria
x

Rosie said...

This really looks delicious!! Apricots and almonds & citrus flavour its got to be a real winner!!

Rosie x

Carolyn said...

Stumbled across you site whilst looking for apricot recipes. Lovely blog - I will visit again.